WoodShop Committee Meeting Tuesday Jan 5 7pm

Put maintenance (a chore list) on the DMS schedule. Hopefully that will draw in folks who are not regularly at DMS but are willing to lend a hand.

Probably, but the problem is, that chipload provides a starting point, But users need to know how to deal with variation from the baseline, for things like dull bits, harder than normal stock, softer stock, high humidity, etc. All of these can require some adjustment of the basic F&S in order to get a good cut (and avoid wiping out the filters).

This has been a plan of mine for a while, but as you say “my list is long and my time is short” :wink: . In v carve there is a start of a new library where it would be per material. We just need people to figure all that out meticulously.

Woodsaver tool set for lathe, to make nesting bowls and conserve beautiful, exotic, scarce wood.

I wanted to thank Tom Cook for bringing to my attention the need for donations for sandpaper for the Festool sander. I do not do a lot but I now realize that at .75 a sheet if I use ten sheets a week that really adds up. The 50 dollars a month I pay is only for the opportunity to utilize the many tools that are available. That is about the only resource I use that costs money but never the less, it is an expense. I donated a trailer load of wood but that does not offset the expenses we have for materials. I think more reminders need to go out to members so they have a better idea of what the costs are to replenish materials. I will be dropping off a check the next time I am there. I love the options MakerSpace has given me.
I also would like to post some things I have made in the Woodshop but not sure how to do so. Thanks, Jeff Whitcomb

5 Likes