Woodshop Closed/Cleaning - Sat & Sun 3/16-3/17

Just wanted to post here for those not checking out the calendar, but the woodshop will be closed this Saturday and Sunday Morning.

Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

During that time, the Felder’s filters will be replaced - they are well past their expected end-of-life. Thanks to all the members that regularly check & empty the Felder, the increased filter life is because of your efforts.

Volunteers are welcome to come out and help [especially Saturday] - all the machines are going to be cleaned, reset, and dialed in. Not sure the exact timeframe - but event says it will start @ 9AM. I’m sure @SWA or @got_tools will be posting more information as the weekend approaches.

9 Likes

Could someone who has camera admin privileges please post the closure info on the camera page by the Woodshop section?

2 Likes

Eric in Calgary wants to know how do yu know the Felder filters are past their life expectancy?

I’m new here. I see it will be close over the weekend. Is there anyway I can get a tour tomorrow or Friday? Who do I talk to?

Tour of dms? Just the woodshop is closed this weekend.

Cycle time between blow outs gets shorter and shorter- in our facility it’s about 1 year, but we’re long over due.

Who can I talk to if I decide to go in tomorrow to get a tour. I sent email to into@. I haven’t got a response back

What do you think? Can we blow these out? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The service life with our use is about 18 months… we are pushing 24 months… it took a year to get the replacement filter…

Fielder can help you calculate for your machine …

2 Likes

Did the before photo show how the were before removal??

It is rather a startling picture that makes me think “life expectancy exceeded” is a tad of an “understatement”

Eric

Looks like 10 filters.

So I can cement in my mind the need to take care of the Fielder, what does one filter cost us?

There are 23 filters… the filters in the photos had to be cut out…

Do you all have a felder?

Fluctuates around 200-300s. I think there’s ~25 in the beast.

Edit: 23 per HB

@SWA please post the before pictures you took of the felder filters for are northern makers

The before photos

I want to thank all those that helped cleaned and preformed the Much Need maintenance on our machines in the wood shop…

Thank you @mrjimmy @j801496 for buy us lunch today… they feed and thanked a hungry group that were tired and wore out by lunch time today: we spent a total of 10 hrs doing this today and we still didn’t get everything we needed to get done. The wood shop is an elephant… How do you want an elephant?

Thank you @TSki @SWA @hforsberg @acarrier @jessel Carriere @greg @Mike @billy @Ian ( really New Member) @Ian the Viking @bob Carbon Fiber Biker @brahli_1337
I think I got everyone that help today… the shop was in much need cleaning and maintenance.

We changed the format up to make it easier for people to learn our machines and the inventory that we keep one hand… we had check lists printed out and this group came together and worked in teams to tackle this massive task.

I should have taken more photos…
we have an bunch of parts to order for our machines. because of the way we will be doing this monthly clean up’s going forward we should be moving to proactive maintenance instead of the reactive repairs… the parts that we ordered are the things that we see need to be address before the equipment breaks. The hope is we will have less down time and we have mombers with a better understanding of how to maintain the machines…

The shop is cleared to reopen at 9:00 am ok 3/17/24 - may the luck of the Irish :shamrock: be with you all.

As you return to the wood shop please help keep it clean and orderly. If you see something wrong with the equipment please open a ticket on talk.

thanks again for all your hard work and help… it makes the space a better place for all of us…

6 Likes