Woodshop - Age Restrictions

A family friend has asked me if I could do some woodshop projects with her 13 year old twins over the summer in the DMS woodshop. I see a thread from February 2018 stating that minors 15 and under need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

Is that still the case? The parent would not be with me. But I would be closely guiding the boys.

Thanks,
James

1 Like

This was passed a few months ago by the woodshop committee and is posted in the rules above the miter saw station.

Minors (under 18 years old) Rule. Minors are not allowed to use any tools in the Woodshop with the exception of the Festool sanders and dust collectors. Minors may use the Festool sanders and dust collectors if they are used outside the Woodshop and under the supervision of a parent or guardian who has taken the Woodshop S&O class. |

Minors are not allowed in the Woodshop unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. The parent or guardian must have taken the Woodshop S&O class and is responsible for their minor and their behavior/actions. |

1 Like

Ok. Thank you. I will tell her “no.” She is not interested in taking the woodshop class and simply would like me (not a parent or guardian) to work with her boys.

1 Like