Woodshop 1 attendance not in system

Hi-
I am trying to sign up for the slab mill class.
I have not been able to do so because my passing the woodshop one class is not in the system.
I am fairly sure that I took the ‘current’ woodshop 1 course.
Suggestions on who can fix this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
David

Are you signed in to the Calendar?

Yes, thanks

Does that mean it worked?

Sorry.
Yes I am signed in.
No to having prerequisite class recognized.
Thanks

Sign out and back in. See if that helps.

The instructor for your course is the best resource to resolve this (unless the suggested re-login or other browser-based gyration clears it up). If they are no longer available, alternate pathways include appealing to woodshop chair @SWA and/or appealing to Infrastructure to review course attendance to see if it was checked off without also performing the AD portion. In any case, a link to the actual course attended can help (available in Calendar under “My Account>Attending courses”). However, if attendance wasn’t marked or can’t be verified by the instructor, re-taking the current course (not named “woodshop 1”) is the best way to ensure availing future courses requiring the safety and orientation provided that course.

Turns out there must be some issue with prerequisite settings since I’m not able to sign up for the class either. I suspect it might have something to do with the fact that “Woodshop Safety & Orientation” isn’t the same as “Woodshop 1” in the system?

@SWA

Looks like the incorrect permission, I’m not sure what that instructors contact is.

I literally just posted this same question and then read this. The class has 0 people signed in at the moment so I guess everyone is having this problem.

This is most likely because they accidentally selected one of the legacy wood shop options. We no longer use those, but at the moment they can’t be deleted since historic events exist and also the group still applies to some people. If SWA can confirm to me the correct permission, I can either update the class or the instructor can.

1 Like

When is this class being held? I don’t see it on the calendar.

It’s been cancelled; was Sun Jan 28 1pm — 3pm

1 Like

Hello. I am Jonathan Morgan.

I completed woodshop 1 last year and have been taking woodshop classes. I tried to sign up for Slab Mill and it says I need to take it despite taking it and other wood classes last year.

Is this a course I need to retake annually? Or is there just a mistake in the system? And if so could I be directed on how to fix it?

Thank you.

Does your badge work with he woodshop interlocks.

I will see again today, as I haven’t been to the space in the last few days. But it did work as of last week yes.

@SWA this is the same issue as the other one I pinged you in I believe.

1 Like

Hello. I am Jonathan Morgan.

I completed woodshop 1 last year and have been taking woodshop classes. I tried to sign up for Slab Mill and it says I need to take it despite taking it and other wood classes last year.

Is this a course I need to retake annually? Or is there just a mistake in the system? And if so could I be directed on how to fix it?

Thank you.

From reading the threads, I’m thinking the instructor used Woodshop 1 as the pre-requisite, instead of Woodshop Safety and Orientation. The class is back on the Calendar, so try again.

Slab Mill
1/28 - Sunday: Events |Dallas Makerspace Calendar

Still 2 slots open when I posted this.

You gotta be 20% fast and 80% lucky around these parts… missed out on this one and the screen printing and the Tormach classes. Reminds me of the days of camping out for concert tickets or speed redialing the radio station on the home phone to win a contest. :rofl:

I know that makes me sound old, but if the shoe fits…

1 Like