Wonderful Class Schedules at a glance - everywhere!

Many thanks to @StanSimmons, @Nate , @Draco and @denzuko for working so hard to make our schedules avail throughout the MakerSpace. Their solution is fabulous!

We have Touchscreens at the entrance to all the rooms, and 2 large screens at major junctions, displaying the class schedules for the day. Our team has a couple more tricks planned.

Thank you so much.

32 Likes

I can’t thank you guys enough! It looks so cool and when I walk through the door juggling things in my hands, but forget where the class is… Boom! Just go to the light, Carol Ann. The monitors are nice and big so I don’t have to slide my glasses down to read even. You guys really thought about the need there. Thanks!

8 Likes

Glad to help, will get purple and 3d Fab wired soon but I don’t want to disrupt tour night.

9 Likes

Thanks for those! A really big help to the memory impaired!

4 Likes

These are amazing.
Since the large one went up next to the water fountain, I’ve helped several people locate a classroom.
My absolute favorite - and unexpected - use is, after listening to someone express interest in a class or area, turn to the monitor and say, “Let’s see when the next class is…” It’s like playing matchmaker between makers and classes.

@StanSimmons and @talkers, Laser would like a small one for our area to list our classes. Is that possible? It would need to be filtered to Category “Laser”.

4 Likes

These are awesome. Can’t wait to see more.

1 Like

This is in the works.

2 Likes

Why not add the capability to the iPad that’s already there? At least having the option to look at the calendar, there isn’t currently a filter by category option though is there?

Edit: there is filter by category, I just always skip right to browsing through the whole list, I’m dumb