Wire jewelry office hours thurs aug8, 3-6pm

Just a heads up for any interested…

Think of this as office hours for wire jewelry help.

It’ll be a bit longer before I can offer classes again (couple months) but while I’m there Aug 8 from 3-6pm, I’ll be killing time working on my wire jewelry until the CA meeting starts.

I’ll be in CA unless someone needs the table. If so, I’ll be in purple or interactive.

While I’m doing that, I’ll also be helping a new person learn basics. I thought I’d extend the offer of help to anyone else interested.

Maybe you’ve taken a class and need help with your next piece, have a design challenge, want to finesse your foundational techniques, or just wanna hang with others doing similar things.

In that case, come join us :slight_smile:

Chainmail and beading folks welcome to hang out as well. Just be aware I won’t be much help. But perhaps someone else there could be.

If you need to borrow tools or need practice wire, lemme know and I can bring my teaching tools. (Tell me though, because I won’t otherwise.) Bring a few dollars for practice wire if you need it.

Anyone interested?

Btw, for folks that don’t know me, this is my wire style:

4 Likes

I may stop by, would love to learn some wire wrapping basics. I’ve made jewelry a little and used pliers but I would love to learn the type of stuff you do. I would need practice wire and to borrow some tools.

Thanks for offering!

Cindy

1 Like

Is the top right picture a labradorite?
Just got introduced to this kind of stone and am falling in love with it’s qualities!!!

1 Like

Close, but it’s blue kyanite. They both have that iridescent schiller effect though, a lot of optical movement. Love both of them

You do know that there’s a rock shop on old downtown Carrollton square, Nature’s Gallery? So it’s dangerously close :slight_smile: He usually has labradorite. Find some, I’ll help you wrap it.

He also has/did palm-sized gorgeous polished labradorite slabs that would be pretty to put in a stand and enjoy. Likely larger rocks too.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have two already the are about skipping stone size. Very cool looking stones. I found out you could do counter tops in it and now I so want that!

1 Like

His better stuff is usually boxed in back as part of show stock but if you are a serious buyer and he isn’t busy, he’s generally cool with you looking through. Let him know what you are looking for and a general size and wonders can magically appear from the depths.

edit: failure to reply correctly, heh, meant for Nick. :slight_smile:

1 Like

He is amazing!! I love the pyrite suns he found for me and his prices were better than online.

2 Likes

He’s a great guy. He sends his customers to me sometimes for wrapping special stones they buy.

This is one of the coolest stones he sold someone then had me wrap . It’s an an extraordinary piece of carved moldavite. It comes from only one place in the world and is the result of a meteor strike. The rough spiky texture is natural and something often left on the finished stone. Carved is unusual and special. This is a bigger piece too. “Three fingers” as one of my collector customers says they measure it. (He travels to Prague a lot, near where it’s from. Popular stone there.)

The challenge wrapping this was not adding distracting frame, not running across the back of the face since it’s transluscent, and the concave shape (see side view). Plus it’s a little delicate (chips easy). I also echoed the art nouveau hair-sweep aesthetic with the work I did on the bail, and the sweep shadow-echoing the hair on the back of the piece

It’s in my top 10 favorite things I’ve wrapped over the years

5 Likes

I have s friend that would like to attend class when you get one scheduled.

1 Like

I’ll post here on Talk as a heads up when I start doing them again

Planning on coming today if you are still going to be there. Thanks!

Cindy

1 Like

I’m going to have to make time to go over there, I have been wanting to find a nice piece of moldavite. That is amazing!

I’ll be there. See you then!