Which version of TV hackers do you think is cooler

How about that guy who kept the ship running in SG:Universe?

SGU was just so bad, no character gets to leave that show unscathed.

1 Like

Which one? Goldman or Gameboy?

Eli Wallace(?) was it?

ah… yes Eli, the game boy. Yes, was one of them.

Rhianna from Ocean’s 8. That track ball!

That is a Kensington Expert Trackball. I love mine.

1 Like

What about Lewis & Gilbert from the Revenge of the Nerds.

1 Like

i looked into it right after the movie and found it out of my impulse price range :frowning: it’s been added to my “end game” goal for a battle station.

the scene where she makes an entire website for corgis so she can execute a very specific phishing attempt was fantastic!

I have a friend in real life that works out of austin and now chicago that is a real life version of that girl with dragon tattoo energy. she works as a consultant senior dev. shows up to start up projects that hire her and she’s wearing more or less some leather nonsense because she was supposed to go clubbing later that night and doesn’t want to pack too many outfits when travelling. she tells a bunch of fresh out of fraternity college boys they suck at programming. and how to fix it. i’m her biggest fan!

2 Likes

sneakers was such a cool movie! that braille terminal! I wonder if anyone’s ever tried that proof of concept build?

sneakers was such a cool movie! that braille terminal! I wonder if anyone’s ever tried that proof of concept build?

It’s a fairly expensive system but does exist:

https://www.enablemart.com/hims-braille-sense-u2-mini
2 Likes

Yep.
“Worked on” a couple of them… (by which I mean plugged into PCs, set COM port values, loaded drivers for “worked on”; nothing interesting).

1 Like

Not the best, but Cameron Howe & Co. deserve at least an honorable mention.

2 Likes

Hey D_C welcome to DMS talk. Thanks for posting about this one. It looks like one of those shows that went under my radar and after reading up on it.

Halt and Catch Fire is one of those hacker shows we might want to do a dinner and a movie night of at the space.