Scorpion

Crash & Burn

• Crash & Burn
  • Scorpion
  • F-Socity
  • Lone Gunmen
  • Other (comment with pic below)

0 voters

I love the scorpion gang despite the far-fetched situations, BUT I gotta go with Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds.

2 Likes

1992 movie Sneakers

4 Likes

Yes … Sneakers …

How about Sam Carter from SG-1

or Claudia Donovan from Warehouse 13

2 Likes

My family and I love NCIS NOLA because well its the deep south and my mom and dad grew up there. I like PPP, Daryl Mitchell. Of course, white hat (government) hackers are a different breed altogether. I was once on a USAF Top Sec comm team who were hacking some pretty bad boys overseas. There is a big installation of cyber defense folks in San Antonio. We had some very cool tools.

Mitchell

1 Like

That’s the name of that damn movie. For the life of me I could not remember the movie name Sneakers. Ive been wanting to watch it again for a few months now & could not remember the name.

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to post these until others posted movies.

I got much of my inspiration from the old classic “WarGames.”

My brother, on the other hand, liked “Tron.”

I liked how things were portrayed in Mr. Robot because there was some realism (portrayal of terminals, Raspberry Pi used, social engineering). I also liked the meta stuff about hacker ■■■■■■■■ on television.

Anyone like Trinity?

1 Like

Fictional: max headroom
250px-MaxheadroomMpegMan

Non-fictional: max headroom incident

1 Like

V[quote=“Draco, post:4, topic:56053”]
Claudia Donovan from Warehouse 13
[/quote]
Ooooh, yeah!
And we can’t forget Val Kilmer and his band of misfits in Real Genius.

1 Like

Anyone remember Sandra Bullock in The Net? She was my idol. :smile:

4 Likes

This was actually the first non-listed hacker that popped into my head, but I couldn’t remember whether she did actual hacking or just running from that creepy guy while trying to regain her identity.

“hacking” is such a loaded word…
She worked in security, mostly capturing/analyzing viruses to my recollection.
And she uploaded one off a floppy disk at a convention, taking down the Praetorian network FTW (although it HAS been a while since I’ve seen it…).
Does that qualify as “hacking”?

EDIT: is that a Mac? So…whatever that does to the “hacking” cred…

Remember me? Girl who freaked out over attempting wiki updating? I don’t really know beans about white hat/black hat/analyst/whatsis in regards to the term “hacker”.

But, that said Lisbet Salander in the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series for the girl geek win.

1 Like

I do.

Yep. And you have overcome. Doing a nice job, I might add.

Well, by the virtues of Hollywood script writing, the immediately former point (your having learned at least enough wiki markup to edit our pages sans VisualEdit) you ARE 733Th@x0rz and, thus, an authority. So your call.
:wink:

Gonna confess having never seen most of what’s in this discussion. What little I have seen leads to…well…it seems self-explanatory at this point, my opinion on celluloid hackers. :slight_smile:

What does that even mean?

1 Like

Should be 1337h@x0rz

leethaxors

elite hackers

1 Like

I don’t really know beans about white hat/black hat/analyst/whatsis in regards to the term “hacker”.

The jargon file defines a hacker as:

1. A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary. RFC1392, the Internet Users’ Glossary , usefully amplifies this as: A person who delights in having an intimate understanding of the internal workings of a system, computers and computer networks in particular.

2. One who programs enthusiastically (even obsessively) or who enjoys programming rather than just theorizing about programming.

3. A person capable of appreciating hack value .

4. A person who is good at programming quickly.

5. An expert at a particular program, or one who frequently does work using it or on it; as in ‘a Unix hacker’. (Definitions 1 through 5 are correlated, and people who fit them congregate.)

Basically, someone that geeks out to coding, computers, or a “system” for the sake of learning out something works and how to make it do things beyond its original design.

1 Like

I second Colonel Carter from SG-1!

She is one of the single best characters in sci-fi tv shows IMO.

1 Like