Where are the helpful 3d Printing Forums or Facebook Groups online?

Hey Guys,

Have any of you found a competent 3D Printing problem solving group? All the groups I find seem to be full of either people that have no clue how to problem solve and post the same answer no matter what the problem is or are haters that just tell you that your printer is a piece of crap and you should of never purchased it.

I have a Mingda Magician X and a Bambu Lab P1P and both of their groups follow this structure.

Any suggestions?

Thats pretty much every 3D printing group (or most hobby groups anyways). 99% of the responders immediately go to the hardest most complicated solution or think that z-offset is the magic that fixes everything. When in reality washing their build plate would have fixed their issue or during their convoluted solution they fixed it inadvertently.

I just use a combination of FB groups, subreddits, and YT videos to help narrow down the issue and what resolved it for everyone. Luckily with my X1C its been pretty much nonstop printing without any problems but even with my Enders most issues were fixed easily.

Yeah,

The Bambu Labs printers are work horses. The only issue I’ve had with the P1P is the bed temp setting defaulting to cold bed. Something I missed for a bit as I learned their software.

The Mingda on the other hand is not as well designed and built, but at $200 you expect that. I’ve found the auto bed leveling to not be the greatest, because it is a bed slinger and the bed has some play in it. Plus, the big design flaw where the filament can get stuck in the aluminum plate of the print head assembly, requiring you to fully disassemble the head in order to drill it out was a major head ache. But fixed it without parts on a weekend.

Stinks there isn’t a managed forum for trouble shooting this stuff. Seems those with an Axe to grind or no understanding rule the roost.

1 Like

I’d look for a brand-specific Facebook Group. I’ve found good support (and offered some of my own) on the Monoprice Mini Delta group, for example.

Much advice is specific to the specific make/model you are using once you get past the “is the bed level” and “what temps/speeds” questions.