When's the next Metal Shop Safety Class

Hello,
Is there a basic metal shop safety class required before we can have access to the metal shop?
I would like to be checked off in metal shop equipment, welding, etc.

When is the next one offered?
Thank you

You can find metal shop safety online here

I can check you off on the equipment there if you can demo making metal caterpillars.

I clicked the word “here” and nothing opened up.

Sorry, can you explain what you mean by a metal caterpillars.
Thanks

I assume you mean the online learning on Moodle

What is Moodle?

Yep, thanks. I messed up markdown I think.

@Thegodfathers276 if you can demonstrate some knowledge of welding, then I can check you off on the welders.

Sounds good. I can come in to demonstrate my knowledge.
I’m available daytime any day this week, and the weekend.

Evenings as a last resort.
Thanks

Its on learn.dallasmakerspace.org

I have no idea what a metal caterpiller is but if John is checking you off on welding you better hope you can figure it out, without help:-)

For any other instructor its more like either taking the class, or a discussion of your welding experience and possibly running a bead or two.

I’ll be in Wednesday night and could go over the grinders and vapor hone. There is a seperate class for the plasma cutter and sheet metal equipment.

-Randy

2 Likes

I can do Tuesday or Thursday at 12 this week, or anytime Saturday. I’ll message you.

Would still recommend meeting with Randy, Wednesday night.

I can meet you at the DMS Thursday at 12:00.
Also, I will go to the DMS Wednesday night and meet up with Randy.
What specific time should I meet up with him?

Cool, see you then. Not sure about Wednesday, but maybe he can check you off on welders then

Ok see you Thursday at 12:00
Do we meet at the metal shop?

Randy, thank you. I will meet you Wednesday night.
What time, and do we meet at the metal shop?

Just took the Metal Shop Safety for Hot Processes quiz

1 Like

I will be there from 6-9 to work on putting new quil bearings in the drill press, planned to do it earlier tonight but I left the bearings and a couple of other key parts at home. Ugh.

1 Like

Yeah. Need to issue a memo to the bearings & their friends that WFH does NOT work in the Drill Press business and they need to get their heinies in to the office…

4 Likes

Randy, I will be there at 6:00 pm. I’ll look for you, I’ll be around the woodshop/metalshop.
Thanks,
Dick S