When is the next class for dye sublimation on t-shirts?

Hi,

I got a request to make t-shirt with specific design and I remember that the space has machines to do that.

When is the next class for dye sublimation on t-shirts?

Chuck

There is one coming on Friday, August 4th, but it hasn’t hit the calendar yet. Keep an eye out for it. If you don’t get in that one, then there will be one on Wednesday, August 9th that will hit the calendar in a few days.

Thank you. I will keep an eye on the calendar.

In preparation for your project, you should know that dye sub works best on 100% synthetic fabrics (e.g., polyester). While the process is nothing like making a clear decal, the result is visually similar; the color of the substrate/shirt shows through the printing. You should be looking for a light-colored 100% polyester shirt.

1 Like

Thank you. I will get a blank polyester t-shirt.

If I have a specific image in mind, do I need to save it as a certain file format?

Any type of image that can be printed. jpg, png, svg, bmp, ai, whatever … Higher resolution is better.

Dye Sublimation is a printer w/ a special type of ink. So any file that’s easy to print: jpg, png. pdf. Raster files. it does not read .ai files.

100% polyester is better, you can go down to 50%, but the design will look faded.

300dpi is preferable.
It only prints up to 11x17. We cannot do edge to edge printing.

We sell the paper, and the cost of ink is included in the paper cost.
$5 for 4 sheets of 8.5x14, $10 for 4 sheets of 11x17.

Design considerations:
Think about colored markers and construction paper. You don’t want to be the kid that got dark blue paper & yellow markers… Dye sub is like that. If you try and print on dark colors, it won’t show up- just like that yellow marker won’t show up on your blue paper.

1 Like

I think the Friday session is all full?

Yes as of right now it’s full, but if someone withdraws their registration I’ll send you a message.

If you need to get this done before Friday, PM me or image and I will try to get it printed out for you so you can at least get your one shirt done.

I am not in a hurry, so no need for the special treatment (although I do appreciate it!)

We can print up to 13" x 19" via the bypass tray, but we don’t stock that size paper.

1 Like

@cwai2007 another class just opened for next Wed.!
https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/20079

Sigh, timing won’t work because I am coming back from a work trip that day. I think I will still be at the airplane at 7PM.

I wholeheartedly thank you for keeping me in mind. Please let me know when the next class is available.