What's cooking? Q1 Q2 2023

Mine is a Tequila, Triple Sec and Lime juice soup. Pretty nice soup to have before Tex Mex.

5 Likes

My wife and I are celebrating our 11111th anniversary next month :smile:

2 Likes

I just tell folks I’m in my very late 40’s.
I’m forty nineteen.

2 Likes

Beef and bean burritos smothered in green Chile sauce. Thrown together starting with some leftover Beyond Beef taco filing, black bean refritos, cheese, and some excellent vegetarian green Chile sauce from a local Fort Collins Mexican restaurant.

Top-dressed with shredded romaine lettuce and Roma tomatoes.

Turned out delicious!

7 Likes

Sweet buttermilk cornbread to go with some homemade chili.

Works best with cast iron.

8 Likes

I like mine with rye!!

Got a sack of not-so-great tasting apples (I know, fall fruit in the spring, bad idea, but…)
So looking for something to do with them other than eat them outright as is preferred…
Settled on this little gem, because I already had everything else in the house, and I never get to use my Bundt pan. Besides, it uses a tablespoon of cinnamon, so it’s right up my alley.
It turned out OK. I mis-measured the baking powder, but it thankfully doesn’t affect flavor (much) and next time, smaller chunks of apple, slightly fewer of them, and bake another 6 minutes or so. But all in all, very enjoyable both to make and consume.

6 Likes

Roast beef with kimchi, hoisin sauce and havarti cheese on sourdough.

6 Likes

that looks really good i must try this thanks for posting.

1 Like

Well, it’s no longer Q1… and I had some left over slow cooked beef ribs and a cold-smoked Norwegian salmon filet… Oh, what to do…

7 Likes