What is this part?

I was fixing my car, replacing the spark plugs, and I noticed that this part had come out of the oil reservoir. I’m not sure what it is, and would appreciate anyone who could tell me.

The car is a '96 Chevy Tahoe 5.7 L

1 Like

Out of the valve cover and into the intake? That’d be a PCV valve.


Probably more in depth than needed, but…


1 Like

I’ll second that PCV Valve

Valve cover grommet looks shot also so not sealing tight - may be contributing to all the gunk around it.

1 Like

New grommet, $5.00

New PCV valve <$8.00

(the one that LOOKS like it fits, says it does not, but…)

Well, crap. I couldn’t make YouTube stop after the funny bit.