Weekend Wood Lathe Class?

Jimmy Arledge is a maker at the space who is a great person to talk to about turning as well

@Lordrook

Sorry to hijack this older thread…I’m new and unable to DM anyone yet.

I was going to ask if you’re Daniel Wynne, but then I saw that you’re Steve. By any chance, do you know Daniel’s talk username or how to get a hold of him? I’ve searched the talk user list and couldn’t find a user that was obviously him.

I’d like to take the wand making class that he’s teaching on Sept 9th, but I’m going to be taking his lathe 101 class that same day, so the system won’t let me register for the wand class.

If nothing else, I was hoping to be able to at least get on the standby list for the wand class. I’d be happy to bring my own blank to make stand-by easier, I would just need to know which would be a better choice, the 1.5x1.5x12 or the 2x2x12 blank?

Regards,
John Reitzer-Smith

I am one and the same just to be extra confusing and make it harder to be the target of spells.

I can put you on standby for the wand class so just stick around after the 101 class and we will see if a spot opens up :slight_smile:

For the wands I do a 1x1x12, usually by taking a 2x2x12 and cutting it into 4 blanks. I will bring some extras out of my stash to give folks choice, so you can pay me directly.

1 Like

That would be most appreciated good sir. I look forward to learnin’ and turnin’ with you! Thank you!

1 Like