Web dev / design

The brewery I work for (lakewoodbrewing.com) is looking to redo our website. It’s currently on Wordpress and pretty broken. Looking for someone to look at the current site, develop a UX plan and wireframe, and develop the new site. All the graphics and things like that will be supplied. Any platform is fine as long as it’s easily updatable (EX: swap out graphics). Anyone interested please send be some examples of your work. Thanks!

Mostly works except for the product sliders have some broken images links.

I’m too buried to rebuild a site at the moment but I can help make some recommendations to fix the sliders. Looks like the links to the root hosting account are not valid:

//reclakewood.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BBT17_2.png

vs.

http://lakewoodbrewing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BBT17_2.png

2 Likes

Thanks! I have someone who is able to simplify / rework the site. She is proposing to hard code vs wordpress. Thoughts on that? Im handy enough to go into the code and swap graphics, etc.

Hard coding a site is appropriate for speed and source control, Word Press is better for frequent updates and prebuilt features via plugins. With both comes the need to secure resources like scripts and web forms etc…

1 Like

Once the Theme is complete, WP also allows non-web-designers to maintain and extend the content w/out getting the designer involved. This is desirable for a small company with limited budget for site maintenance.

While PageSpeed is an SEO criterion, I doubt a brewery would have the demand to justify a heavily-streamlined, high-speed-or-bust hardwired site design.

I’d recommend staying with WP, and selecting a different designer if needed. It’s possible that their hard-wired site recommendation may be driven by their own (lack of) familiarity with WP than with what’s best for your business.

5 Likes

One of our members, (there are several actually) Doyle Calvert does WP web pages for a living. @DigitalDoyle. I’ve sent him an email to check out this Discourse.

2 Likes

Thanks @coloneldan! I agree with @Lampy and @HankCowdog re WordPress being a good solution for this website. I took a quick look and it’s seems to be a Divi site, which is a very good WordPress theme framework.

My guess is that the site needs plugin updates and for those missing slider images to be tracked down and re-linked as @Lampy recommends.

The site doesn’t actually look bad at all, @ryan. Are you looking for a design change or just to get the issues with the site fixed?

2 Likes