We had some cool visitors last night from France

We had three cool visitors last night from Paris France. They have been on a tour of makerspaces in the US to discuss a product they have been creating (and to learn about them for potentially creating a more vibrant maker community in Paris).

What intrigued me about their product (which is in beta), is that it is ideally suited to producing training materials. A while back @bgangwere discussed an idea he had with me where he wanted to have a tablet next to each of the machines in the machine shop, with instruction information on things like truing the vice, squaring stock, etc… It hasn’t gotten off the ground yet, but I think this product may be perfect for that purpose.

I have also heard PR @MellissaRhodes talk about preparing tour guides and such. I believe this product would also be ideal for that kind of scenario.

I mentioned these to the visitors and have invited them to join talk to answer questions when they get back home (they are flying back today). One of the things we discussed is having them via teleconference in one of the class rooms to allow interested members to interact directly with the developers.

http://thingshaker.com

6 Likes

And in case you’re not on Facebook, they just made a post thanking “Walter, Jayson, Stan and Stacy” for showing them around.

@wandrson @engpin @StanSimmons @childofthehorn

Thanks y’all!

4 Likes

One of the things they were most amazed about after touring maker spaces around the country was how clean our space was when compared to other non-commercial spaces. Just goes to show, we may moan about it, but it appears we are above average in cleaning up after ourselves!

3 Likes

That is cool, I’m glad we’re showing a good face to other nations.

Sincerely,
Tim Nielsen

1 Like