Wax injector accident during open house

Thank you again Jeff, they did comment about using a whole roll of paper towels, haha.

2 Likes

Today I changed my bandages and it looks like Amber Sweetā€™s fallen face in Repo the Genetic Opera, and pain instantly shot from 2 to 7, so had to go back to Tramadol. I really just wanted to post this update because the Amber Sweet comparison was too good.

6 Likes

Tramadol is the devil. Iā€™d rather bite a cork than suffer that nausea. Sounds like it has the same affect on you if youā€™ve never been prescribed it before.

Good vibes for your quick healing.

Heal well! Get better! Donā€™t get addicted to the knife (and the zydrate)!

1 Like

Please do keep us in the loop, even without great analogies.

Amen sistaā€™ Gabapentin is too, and try taking both. Grrrrrrā€¦ Oh I feel faint!

Just confirmed that my medical bills (not including my haircut) are going to be over $1k by the time this is all said and done (still going to burn clinic every couple of months and no idea yet if Iā€™m going to need laser surgery).

If anyone wants to commission me for a basic piece of fabricated jewelry to help me out, that would be great, just be warned I donā€™t underprice my work like I see a lot of around here (people please stop undervaluing yourselves).

4 Likes

I am sorry the road to recovery has been that rough.

Did you save some of that hair for a 10x10?

I did actually lol, thought I might throw it on a canvas at some point but didnā€™t think about the 10x10 show.

3 Likes

Aside from the medical bills, recovery is going well, some small scarring, not sure how bad it will be when all is said and done but I wouldnā€™t think laser surgery will be a medical necessity. Wearing a compression sleeve every day for the foreseeable future, they said a year but I hope they can drop it to 6 months. Weā€™ll see. Next checkup is in January.

6 Likes

This is good. And a very true point on how we value ourselves.

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the compassion and support youā€™ve given Hannah. However, we all know how quickly medical bills can add up. Iā€™ve put together a fundraiser to help Hannah with some of the expenses. Please give what you can, every bit helps!

13 Likes

If all our members gave $1 we would hit her goal. This should be possible. Iā€™ll be donating today.

@Team_Moderators can we get the gofundme post split into a new topic and sticky it for a week or until the gofundme goal has been met/surpassed?

6 Likes

Oh dang:( Iā€™ll put in a donation when I get paid tomorrow.

2 Likes

All I have to say is WOW! In 24 hours we raised over $600 or 30% of our goal. BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed!! Letā€™s keep the momentum going today and see if we can get to the halfway mark and reach $1K today. Like @indytruks138 said if everyone only gave a dollar weā€™d be at goal. Please share, encourage and remind others to give what they can!

4 Likes

As this apparently wonā€™t split off Iā€™d create a new post about helping a fellow member injured at open house. Many people wonā€™t look into this post and therefore donā€™t know there is now a gofundme.

4 Likes

This might be a little late, but Vitamin E oils can really help with scarring. Lots of pregnant women use it to reduce stretch marks, but it works with all scars.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder. I hope the community can come together to help her.

3 Likes

The turn-out is great ā€¦ just $5 donation helps the total grow. Lots of small donations help the cause of helping to take care of one of our own.

3 Likes

I want to thank everyone for their overwhelming support, including this fundraiser Joseph set up and anyone who has bought work from me. Your generosity has really moved me and I am determined to pay it forward.

In a final(?) update, Iā€™ve been discharged from the burn clinic as of this month, and am not a candidate for laser surgery as it is healing pretty well. Thanks again for all the well wishes. :slight_smile:

9 Likes