When I was setting to to do my wax injecting demo for JSM, the wax injector popped its lid and erupted all over my front left side, and I ended up with a 2nd degree burn and my hair and shirt full of wax. I definitely made mistakes (such as not having my hair pulled back as I should always do in the workshop), but overall it seems to be an equipment malfunction as determined by Joseph, so that tool will be out of commission until someone can fix it.
I would like to thank everyone that helped me out today with this incident. I don’t know everyone’s names, but especially to the guy who bandaged my arm, and Kris for driving me to the ER. This really is a great community, and I figure I was lucky to have it happen during this important and stressful event since there were so many capable people available to assist me, haha.