Want to do pottery wheel class

Good morning all you beautiful people.

I am really interested in getting started with a beginner’s pottery class. They seem to fill up really fast. I know nothing about throwing clay or using the pottery wheel but would like to get started as soon as possible in that regard. I was wondering if anyone will be posting classes for it again soon or can teach me.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Bri! Welcome! I believe @coffeebean puts up 100 level classes monthly, and I also know that there should be some posting soon. Highly recommend reading our wiki here - it will give you cool info like how to get in on classes as soon as they post (DMS has an awesome class calendar app that makes it easy to register). The wiki also has info on how community firings work, the shelving system and more (see screenshot below). Also find us on facebook and Instagram.

Hi Bri, I’ll probably have a wheel and hand build 101 class up in the next couple of weeks. I typically do mornings during the week. Will that work for you? If not what are some good times so I can try to coordinate for you.

1 Like

I have already done the Ceramics 100 class.

I can absolutely do mornings and weekdays. That’s actually my preferred time. I will keep an eye out. Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

OK…I’ll let you know when they go up and should hit the calendar :slight_smile:

Update: class submitted should hit the calendar on Wednesday this week. It is set for 5/26 at 10AM

Should show up on the calendar tomorrow

2 Likes