Volunteer opportunity- help Gorman print up shirts

@talkers is going to print up some extra shirts for the maker crawl on November 4th.
From what I understand he’s going to print them on Wednesday and could use some help/entertainment - but all can correlate the exact time together.

Would anyone or anyone’s like to assist and learn a bit about printing along the way.

We are going to give shirts to the people that show us around the space as a thank you. I believe small gestures are sweet and go far.

I gave Gorman a list of shirts needed as I understand them I will try to remember to update the list on Tuesday.

2 Likes

@talkers Can be there -just need to know time? Can be during day.

2 Likes

Ditto. :blankspace: :blankspace:

1 Like

He may want to do it alone if he’s stuck with us!

1 Like

If I know the time in advance, I might me be able to attend.
One heck of a group.
BBQ afterwards??
I’ll wear Walter’s v1.0 shirt…

2 Likes

I am teaching a t-shirt printing class at 1pm. I’ll start then, and finish whenever.

I mean… Weds.

5 Likes

So far here is what I’ve had on response (people we will be meeting up with in Denton):

Medium - 6
Large - 8
XL - 6

This is people from The Factory, The Foundary, Stoke, Scrap and a few people who signed up via Facebook for the maker meet up.

However bust out as many as you have the patience for and we will make use of them. I’ve allocated $75 (raw goods) of the monthly fee we get to pull off the parties for this. All extras will be used for the Dallas Makercrawl later this year.

Count me in to help! :tshirt::womans_clothes::tshirt::womans_clothes::tshirt:

Can’t make it work during the day but thanks to those who volunteer!

1 Like

Events Calendar shows your class ending at 3pm. Is that when you want everybody to show up?

If possible and you get a bunch of volunteers to create an assembly line it would be wonderful to get 10 in every size all the way up to XXL.

Thank you John and everyone who’s going to help!

Our current inventory of unprinted Ts
Heather Blue Shirts:
S: 0
M: 4
L: 7
XL: 9
2XL: 7
3XL: 8
4XL: ?
5XL: 4

Red: 4 Medium
Light Gray: 1 Large
Purple: 5XL

Printed: Various colors and designs (12).
S: 3
M: 1
L: 3
XL: 1
3XL: 1
4XL: 1
5XL: 2

3PM works well, esp if you have printed shirts before.
1PM works well if you have not printed a Tshirt.

2 Likes

I just realized -
8 of the blank tshirts on hand will go to the students of the 1pm class.

1 Like

Is there any space left in the class? I learned screen printing 40+ years ago but it’s probably changed a bit since then.

If possible I am happy to just observe and then help with the printing.

Les

This class was last Wednesday, but there is a Making Screens class scheduled on Nov. 18th and a Screenprinting T-Shirts and Totes scheduled on Nov. 19th. Both still have openings.

3 Likes