Volunteer Opp: Need Vinyl Labels Made for some Pipes

With the new Metal Shop outdoor gas system, we need some pipe labeling.

There need to be three sets of labels:

• Argon. White lettering on a green background
  • Argon+CO2. White lettering on a blue background
  • Directional Arrow. Half white on blue, half white on green.

The lettering should be 1/2" high (it’s going on 7/8" OD pipe)

The directional Arrow can be a separate item, or you can embed it with the other two labels. If so, make half of each other type with the arrow on the right side pointing right and the other half with the arrow on the left side pointing left. The arrow is an indicator for the direction of the gas flow.

CC volunteer coordinator: @patrickpleez1

To whomever completes this, can hand off to @TBJK, @yashsedai, or myself to get them on the pipe if you’re not comfortable in placement on the lines

:warning: **NOTE**: This category is **NOT** for discussion threads. Any "discussion" will be split out by one of the TALK Moderators to create a separate "discussion thread".
4 Likes

what is meant by “half white” is this like caution tape striping?

I think he means that if you make 10 labels, he wants 5 to be a white arrow on a blue background and 5 to be a white arrow on a green background. (I’m just making up numbers here).

@hon1nbo - how many of each type of label did you want?

Four each of

• the argon
  • the argon CO2 mix
  • White on green arrows
  • White on blue arrows

The arrows can be embedded into the other labels as previously described since it indicates flow. If that were done then

• 2x argon with arrows on right facing right
  • 2x argon with arrow on left facing left
  • 2x argon CO2 with arrow on right facing right
  • 2x argon CO2 with the arrow on left facing left
1 Like

Still needing a volunteer for this. The labels would be like these, except with an arrow indicating flow.

They make them for argon, but we haven’t found any for the Argon+CO2 mix.

I can take care of it. If I can’t get checked out on the vinyl cutters at the space (don’t see any classes up) then I can get mine set up at home. However, ASME A13.1 says that gaseous mixtures should be blue, so shouldn’t all of them be blue with white lettering (as green is for liquid)?

I think that’s correct; I see green ones a lot but that’s also likely because I do plenty of international work.

all white-on-blue it is

-Jim

You can use the Silhouette Cameo without a training class if that helps.

1 Like

Cool, I’ll take a look when I’m in tomorrow morning. I have a bigger USCutter at home.

1 Like