Legendary and super fun makerfair is now online and it’s worthy of a poke around by you. Yes you! I tried to register to get into a few talks but it came up with an error code. Not sure what’s up with that.
Here’s an overenthusiastic sell from my email:
- Mario, the Maker Magician ! Mario creates his props for his magic show and uses them to inspire young people to create and make things themselves.
- Limor Freid, CEO of Adafruit Industries, is Saturday’s keynote speaker. An electrical engineer and computer scientist, Limor founded Adafruit Industries from her dorm room at MIT and has since grown it into one of the most influential resources for makers and open-source advocates.
- Project Showcase, highlighting the works of makers on our new platform Make: Projects! Browse, comment, and ask the makers questions directly!
- Student Day , on Friday, October 16th, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT. Geared toward students and educators, whether they are learning in person, remotely, or homeschooled, the program offers hands-on activities as well as STEM/STEAM workshops.
- Five-Minute Lightning Talks featuring a wide variety of makers inspiring creativity for all ages.
- Makerspaces Tours several spaces across the state will give tours and demonstrations of their community members’ work.