Vinyl Cutter Basics class

I had been signed up for the Vinyl Cutter Basics class on Jan 27th, but was informed the class had to be canceled because the USB input on the vinyl cutter had become damaged and was no longer functional.

I vaguely remember a post here on Talk stating that the machine had been repaired. Am I remembering correctly? Was it repaired? Will the class be rescheduled some time soon?

1 Like

Apologies that I’ve not been able to reschedule the class as of yet. I have been buried under work at my day (and lately evenings, nights, weekends and every waking moment) job.

As of right now, the light at the end of the tunnel is probably after the end of the quarter.

5 Likes

I’m interested also.

I’m in too if I’m in town.

Also very interested

Out of curiosity, is there a way I can just test out of the class? If so, who can I test with?

I am certainly interested in a vinyl cutter class as well. I’m not sure if showing interest will get a class on the schedule faster or not, but I figure it’s worth a shot.

It turns out that me and my girlfriend are also very interested.

@Adam_Oas is there any possibility of a class coming up soon? Are there other teachers?

@mreynolds @patrickpleez1 have both talked about teaching the class. Vinyl cutting is going to be one of the first classes that will be digital (I realize this is of no interest or help to you guys).

2 Likes

Actually, I’m quite intrigued.

I meant to say this isn’t even being developed - so it won’t suit your needs right now. I realize you want to be on the machine ASAP but waiting for it to be online wouldn’t suit your needs currently.

1 Like

If anyone can teach me to use the vinyl cutter, that would be spectacular!

It is very rare to see classes so maybe a 1 on 1 would be better?

My girlfriend also has interest and we are both members!

By my understanding, the vinyl class is on the radar but the person who usually teaches it (Adam Oas) is currently very busy.

See this post:

1 Like

@hirshy1230 @JamesS
Y’all up to teaching yet?

Hey there! I understand you wanting to take a class. But if you need something vinyl right now I have a personal sized one I could run for you or show you how to use.

Just a thought.

2 Likes

I’m not quite ready to teach a whole class - I would like to have some materials prepared first but I am open to teaching someone one-on-one. Just need to work out a mutual time.

1 Like

I’m down for some one-on-one. I even have around 10 sq ft of carbon fiber vinyl I can supply.
I am familiar with how these work and am tech savvy so I think we could do it quickly.

I really just want my name on the list of approved users.

I am free after 6pm weekdays and mostly any time on weekends so let me know what works for you!

I would love to join in on that one on one, if possible. Otherwise, you and I could set up time with you by myself. Do I need to bring any materials or do we buy materials at the space? Let me know!

I’ll check with @Adam_Oas. If he is busy, I can teach a couple of classes again.

2 Likes

That would be awesome! Thanks! I’m new to the space and want to learn EVERYTHING! :slight_smile: