Vintage computer books and manuals

In getting ready to move I have been accumulating decades of stuff that will be given away or trashed by the end of January.

These are a bunch of (mostly) elementary computer books and product manuals from 20-40 years back. Anyone wanting one or many will have to work out getting as I don’t have a car and live near Gaston/E.Grand/Garland rd. intersection.

As a point of info, the IBM 5110 was a desktop computer before the PC (the 5150) that cost $30,000 with 32K of memory, dedicated printer, and 8” floppy disk drives formatted to 1MB. I programmed most of the original Dallas Museum of Art membership system using the only language offed: BASIC

In the office
IBM 5110 user manual
The First Dallas Computer Book by Brian Starfire (local columnist, before the PC, so Commodore 64, Apple, & TRS-80.)
Microsoft quick C toolkit manual
Video term 80 column display manual
Echo 2 speech synthesizer manual

Programming Proverbs for FORTRAN programmers
Basics of digital computers volume one
Understanding solid-state electronics
TV typewriter cookbook by Lancaster
Understanding TI operational amplifiers
C users group library
WinFax lite users guide
Fundamentals of digital computers
AIM65 Users guide Rockwell
Star Text ink users guide
Quicktel IHOP modems
Portasoft convert conversion services
BitCom deluxe
Bitfax/SR
FCC Interference (with Television) handbook
Intel high-speed external fax modem

I’d be interested in these three. I’m not in a rush, so a drop into my DMS personal box would be preferred, but I can work out picking them up some day if you can’t swing that.

1 Like

I can’t get them there. Lyft from down here or Mobility scooter from downtown DART rail.
I’ll set them aside for you. I will be posting other stuff, maybe someone from my area will be taking things.
Mike

2 Likes

dryad2b (Beth Appleton) came by to pickup colored glass and just left, taking the books with her. Almost the first words out of her mouth were mentioning the books and your name. Thanks to all.
Mike

3 Likes

Roughly where is your box, and what color?

2 Likes

White, far back on the left, about mid-way up. If mine has too much in it, Shay’s is right above it and you can add it to that one.

2 Likes