Update on New Thunder Laser Delivery

New information to share on the much awaited Nova 35s…

Previously all we knew from Thunder was that the lasers would be arriving “around November 10th”. Sadly I have to report that they won’t be here tomorrow, but they are in the USA now! :grinning:

Our lasers are currently at a customs exam site on the west coast, and once they are cleared they’ll be on the road to us. The shipping agent is hopeful that they can be on their way early next week, so only have to wait a little longer.

I’ll update when I know more, and also going to post a separate topic about the area prep work status, so watch out for that thread if you want to help!

13 Likes

@merissa’s ban from Talk coincides with this week’s delivery and installation of two lasers. She is still on discord. Since a chair needs to communicate committee news, the board allowed her to appoint a spokesperson on Talk. That’s me - merelyl by virtue of being seated next to the podium last night. So, hi, everybody. :wave: She sends me Laser news; I post it. I learn Laser news; I fill her and Talk in. Simple, right?

Now…my dear beloved Talk Makers, you know and I know that someone somewhere might be just the tiniest bit tempted to raise an objection about Merissa being de facto still on Talk via this arrangement. Don’t. Just don’t. The only side I am on is the side of Laser. Please make my small-job-at-a-crucial-point-in-Laser easy. Thank you in advance.

Laser Delivery Update

Posted yesterday under a different thread: “An update on the new lasers… they cleared the customs inspection late in the day on Friday, so I hope to hear from our shipping agent that they’ll be on the road to us as soon as possible. The holiday next week makes things tricky… Brandon and I will be out of town Wednesday - Sunday, so I may be asking for volunteers to uncrate them and move them into place. The goal is to have all the ducting, electrical, etc, in place so they can just be hooked up and ready to go, but we’ve hit a couple snags here and there. I’m hoping it’ll only be another week or so before things look more complete and it’s all worth the wait”

@StanSimmons is on notice to receive the lasers. He and Merissa are in contact by phone.
@LukeStrickland and Merissa are in contact regarding the loading dock, which needs to be kept clear to allow off-loading the crates.

9 Likes

If they come in by Friday, I’m avail to help.

Thanks for the update @heyheymama & @merissa

Thank you Merissa and @Brandon_Green for all the work getting things ready for the new lasers.

9 Likes

I have a new update from Merissa. We have good and bad news. She talked to the shipper today and found that the last of the customs issues have been sorted out. The shipper is working on getting it on a truck as soon as possible, but with the holiday we don’t have any firm commitments yet.

We’ll post another update when we get confirmation the lasers are headed this way.

Thank you to everyone for your understanding. There are great things happening… Some more slowly than others.

5 Likes

From Merissa:

The shipping company says they should arrive in Carrollton 12/5. I’m super frustrated with this and I know many of yall are as well. I’ve been contacting the shipper frequently to get status updates and maybe speed things along, but it hasn’t seemed to help.

Attention, @StanSimmons

5 Likes

From Thunder’s shipper:

Arriving “this week and before delivery they will call and confirm the time”.

From Merissa: If arriving tomorrow or Weds, install will take place in late evening after Laser classes.

@StanSimmons - for receiving
@LukeStrickland - for clearing loading dock
@TLAR - in hope of you & the fine folks in Automotive throwing us a little goodwill. Unboxing may encroach on the left bay.

1 Like

From the shipper:

“We had some complication with the warehouse for driver to arrange pickup. So sorry for the delay on responding as I is also having problem with our email server. The cargo actual pick up from the warehouse today in Los Angeles due to release issue at the warehouse. We had to pay storage charges, not bill to you as this was an error between China and their consolidator. We’re getting the pro# from Roadrunner. Once I have receive it, will on forward to you.”

So…false alarm/hope. No new lasers today.

1 Like

or this week if it is still in LA. bummer. All we want for Christmas is our two front lasers.

1 Like

Shipper = Grinch Sleigh Shipping?

1 Like

@merissa,

I wonder if contacting Thunder and asking for half price on a rotary tool would be appropriate compensation for the colossal cluster-*@#& that this shipment has been?

5 Likes

Party at Donner when they arrive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Careful in which way you word it. Donner party of…

1 Like

Yikes LA is currently on fire.

Dearest Makers - I started thinking of the makers who are counting on this thread to know when to show up for install. We all love to chat back and forth on these posts. But this one time, just this once, let’s not. That way when this gets a bump, it’s due to status updates or constructive advice. We’re counting on a swift install to limit disruption to Automotive and Laser and to get people making in time for the holidays - so we need our installers here on short notice.

(I deleted my little comment to do my part in clearing up the thread. I do like to chat though!)

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Delivery expected Monday.

http://tools.rrts.com/LTLTrack/?searchValues[0]=449631977

1 Like