Upcoming FilmMaking Events

Hey all,

We put together a series of Tuesday night film meetups in the front lobby. Please feel free and join if you are interested in them. These are 7 PM - 9 PM.

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - Table Read (Feedback)
An event where you can bring a 10 page film or video script to be read by fellow creatives. We can all give one another feedback. These are new facilitators.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024 - Remake a Classic Scene (Hand’s on filming)
We will give you a classic movie clip and ask you to reimagine it. We will film on that day. If you like to shoot, act, direct, drop by and we will put you on teams. Editing is planned to be done later.

Tuesday, February 6, 2024 - Script Supervising (Lecture)
Eve Butterly is a professional script supervisor with decades of experience and aren’t we lucky, she is also a MakerSpace member who you might run into in the woodshop. She is going to give us advice on filmmaking, script supervising, and continuity.

Tuesday, February 13, 2024 - Shooting Romantic Comedy (Hand’s on filming)
We are going to get together and shoot romantic scenes.

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - Filmmaking Show and Tell (Feedback)
Like the maker show and tell, but video! Bring a YouTube link of a short video you made. We will watch them together and give one another feedback.

Tuesday, February 20, 2024 - Table Read (Feedback)
An event where you can bring a 10 page film or video script to be read by fellow creatives. We can all give one another feedback.

Tuesday, March 12, 2024 - Sound on Film Sets (Lecture)
Russ Rydan runs a business on YouTube selling services and custom clubs to golfers. His presentations and interviews are only going to drum up business if you can hear them! He knows how to make sure you can hear his subjects and will teach you as well.

Tuesday, March 19, 2024 - Sound Effects Challenge (Hand’s on)
You will be given a video clip put on a team and challenged to create unique sound effects!

Thanks for giving this a read!

Sincerely

Chad Pursley

2 Likes

I can not make in on Tuesday but if you need something build let me know and I will see if I can help

Hey this is cool. I can’t make tomorrow and I’m not yet a member. But thought I’d respond here nonetheless since networking is kind of hard.

I used to be a screenwriter, was rep’d in LA, won some contests, took meetings with prodco’s, etc. I have a lot of gear. Was prepping to shoot a webseries in 2020 when covid shut everything down. I’d be interested in maybe teaming up and doing something cool.

1 Like