Unicorn Hat class?

I would love to make a Unicorn hat instead. I feel that’s more my style. Could we have a class on that too?

1 Like

We try to steer classes around a technique rather than a pattern so that the skill learned can be applied elsewhere. I actually have that particular hat pattern and would work with an amigurumi 3.0 or something of that nature.

Skills I see needed are the dc (just had crochet 101 for sc) increases (ami 101, can teach again), working in the round, properly stuffing (ami 101), adding the yarn ends, attaching pieces like the ears, etc. Class is about 2 hours and this project will take longer to complete than that, however, we could have class on the needed topics and there are fiber frolic nights open for anything, and our fb group, and here, that one might bring any " I’m stuck " issuea.

1 Like

I thought if they were having a class on those cat hats, there might be an interest in Unicorn hats as well. Oh well, so sad.
UNICORNS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!

I would definitely take the class if offered! I love unicorns

Yeah, classes are more technique centric

That other hat, someone might have coordinate independently with someone but it wasn’t ever a class on the schedule.

In the case of the unicorn hat, with all the parts, there’s no way it’d fit in a two hour class too.

We tend to schedule technique classes because the culture of dms tends to work well for single-session classes and techniques are versatile and attract a wider range of students (helps a class “make”).

A current example, a decent number of the fiber folks are starting a knit-along of the Dreambird shawl. But not everyone. However, we ALL can use another good technique in the toolkit, so we’re doing a class on Jan 31 for knitting German short rows. It’s a technique needed for Dreambird for folks doing that, but in general, it’s darn useful for shaping knitting without wrapping stitches and causing holes (think like darts in sewing for shaping). So the class is helpful for both the Dreambird KAL folks, and knitters in general even if they could care less or aren’t ready for that shawl. (Btw, Dreambird Shawl is on ravelry.com if anyone is curious…pic below is one example)

Anyway, so, not likely to do the unicorn hat specifically because it’s super specific and would be hard to get to all pertinent parts in a class anyway, BUT a project utilizing an interesting technique, we’ve done the technique periodically.

And as mentioned, you are VERY welcome to come to a Fiberfrolic night where we have have open project night and we can all help you with a specific project.

***next Fiberfrolic is tomorrow/Tues night 7pm

(Dreambird pic for the curious, what’s cooking in Fiberarts knit-along):