Uncertain Future at BG Micro

Jim Tanner told me that the main proprietor of BG Micro passed away Christmas morning. His business partner is working through evaluating the business and it’s uncertain how they will proceed. It would be sad to see yet another Dallas electronics store bite the dust, even if it’s not so much a local destination rather than a mail-order company.

1 Like

Oh no! Please let me know what you hear about this… I’ll ping Jim next week… :cry:

Awh, so sorry to hear this. BG Micro is close to me, and has been a lifesaver on more thna one occasion

Hopefully if BG Micro does close maybe Jim will be able to acquire the inventory instead of BG Micro closing down and dumpstering everything. Not many of the old time electronics stores left in DFW. I remember when Off The Shelf Components suddenly closed back 15-20 years ago. I love the surplus and salvage electronics and equipment shops.

Actually I have put a lot of thought into opening that type of store someday. Over the last 20 years I have built up quite a hoard of obsolete and interesting surplus parts and have a knack of finding pickup truck loads of stuff all the time. Perhaps when I leave my corporate job someday I will open my own surplus electronics, industrial supply and hobby supply store.

Speaking of “The Knack”

1 Like