Unattended Car Blocking Access to Lift

For the last at least an hour there has been an unattended car blocking the entire Automotive area. I really need to get some things done on the lift and cannot access it.

2 Likes

Not sure who that is but you can dial 1999 on any of the phones around the space to page the person.

5 Likes

I have been through the entire so e and nobody claims it. The keys aren’t in it. According to others, it has been here since at least 7:30 this morning. This is ridiculous. I have stuff I have to get done this morning.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Dragway-Tools-Hydraulic-Positioning-Capacity/dp/B003W0F33O

There should be some of these, and a floor jack or 2 laying around…

1 Like

…assuming the doors aren’t unlocked.

This is what I was thinking. Grab a few volunteers, put it up on rollers, stick it in the corner along with a note that says “We were thinking about rolling it down the ramp but that would have been even less excellent than you leaving your car blocking everyone.”

2 Likes

If you do step 2, you don’t really NEED step 1, but it IS helpful…

The doors on the car?
Confused about why that matters…

Put it in neutral and push it

1 Like

Yeah…yeah… but it’s hard to make it go laterally when so doing… But, if you can get enough clearance without lateral movement, that WOULD be easier…

Not terribly helpful in this instance, but I always make a point to check the DMS cam page before committing to a project in one of the relevant areas.

2 Likes

Looks resolved, I’m curious of the story lol

3 Likes

This is not tolerable.
There is ZERO reason to leave a vehicle like that blocking the garage.

5 Likes

Parking vehicles in Automotive is all too common. Sometimes it’s somewhat innocuous - a member unloading their vehicle got distracted. Other times it’s not - i.e. a certain motorcycle parked in the bay next to the lift for 60+ minutes last few times I had to do some work on my vehicles.