Two Prusa Printers to give to the Makerspace

I have four 3D Printers at home and I don’t really use my 2 Prusa MK3s that much. I would like to donate them to the Dallas MakerSpace. I only live about 30 minutes from the Dallas Makerspace location and I can drop them off. Can someone help me with this? @themitch22

15 Likes

@Team_3D_Fab

Hi! I’m a Makerspace member.

Could you please donate one to me for a month or so, before you donate it to the Makerspace?

I’d love to play around with one. I’ve been thinking of getting one for a while.

I’ve been using them in my Aluminoids project:

My phone number is 9729556836.

Thanks!

1 Like

Would gladly accept the donation for these two prusa mk3’s. Please DM me @ToddWilks and we can find a time to accept it.

@David_A_Tucker once its a dms asset, I wouldn’t want it going outside campus but I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunity to use it.

5 Likes

Insufficient TL at the moment for Todd to PM/DM…

Given that Mitch wants them for the 'space, it’s inappropriate for me to intercept your donation – even if it’s only temporary.

I withdraw my request and thank you for your offer.

I’ll explore them at the 'space, but regrettably it’ll have to wait until after I’m vaccinated/immunized. I was hoping to get an earlier start, but oh well . . .

4 Likes

Fixed that for you…

Maybe a deal can be worked out for David to borrow one before it is donated?

1 Like

I primed the pump by DMing both Todd and Mitch…

3 Likes

The kits are worth every penny. If you’re interested in using a printer regularly at home, I highly recommend it.

I also have a Prusa Mini. Still great but the i3 MK3S is wroth the extra money in my opinion.

5 Likes

You happen to remember what the torque specs are for those portions of the frame? Mine is fairly close, but I might try again if I ever get close to that far torn down for service.

They really are a good build, and quite good print quality from day 1. Sadly the printer won’t keep stats when you don’t print from the SD card, but I’m averaging over 12 hours per day printing since it was assembled in early December.

3 Likes

From memory, 35 in-lb? Or around that. It was near what the Husky brand driver could do.

1 Like

Did you mean to tag @ToddGow instead?

While you can get a far superior Prusa for around $750, the Creality Ender 3 Pro is super affordable and a pretty solid starter machine @ $200 at Microcenter in Richardson.

3 Likes