Twisted Root Maker Meet up - Wednesday Aug 1, 2018 6:30-9PM

Chris,

Cupcakes? ? ?

1 Like

@MizGeek So it’s not terribly big so we will all be able to see each other. They have one huge low table and one long table with barstools (along with a bar and slide in) plus outdoor tables. So you’ll be able to find a DMS person pretty easily is my guess. I will totally seek you out and sit next to you for sure. You’re part of the tribe baby- shuck the worry about knowing people at the door and just buddy up with someone and tell them you’re a new best friend.

My guess is they do things like this on typically slower nights to help drive business for them so I’m not imagining it to be naturally crowded.

My hope is to go early and man-spread out on the larger tables to “fake reserve” them for DMS (if you’re happy houring @rbox80 it please help a sista out and sit at one of the bigger table) and we can just all pile up. They have a pool table from what a remember. I’m imagining we are going to be a pretty solid crowd for tomorrow night. I hope everyone enjoys themselves and if you don’t - well that’s on you - haha.

And yes - when you order tell them you’re with DMS - thanks.

4 Likes

If you have a DMS nametag, wear it?

1 Like

Only DMS fanny packs for the night please.

Kidding (sorta). Do whatever guys - just a hangout with burgers and beers - name tags would be helpful if you have them if you want. I’m going to come with my new DMS tattoo holla.

2 Likes

Maybe @John_Marlow was thinking of @TBJK’s wife? I think she’s brought cupcakes to events.

If you don’t currently have a DMS Nametag, make one. /s

1 Like

Isn’t that his real boss?

:wink:

Well I talked her into making some cupcakes.

2 Likes

So I haz 24 hours to make a name tag. Are there any pin findings up there for purchase saving me from Michaels or Joann’s?

Blue tape and sharpie. That’s all you really need!

2 Likes

@Shellbell and I plan to be there. It’s my birthday tomorrow!

3 Likes

I have magnets meant for nametags.

1 Like

:open_mouth: I thought it was a group event.

1 Like

Yummy! I can’t wait, one of the better burger joints in this neck of the woods.

1 Like

Oh no! My ETA is 6:36! Two minutes after happy hour. Quick! Everyone buy me drinks! :angel:

2 Likes

Thanks @uglyknees for getting us nerds together for social fun time. And for a good cause!

4 Likes

I asked them how much we generated before I left and she said “I think a bunch” so now we wait and find out.

The money is secondary to a wonderful time spent with friends. I’ve scheduled another at cidercade later this month. I’ll post it in the morning. Thank you to everyone who came out. I didn’t do much it was filling out an online form and posting some flyers. I’m so thankful for this group of wonderful people.

9 Likes

I counted at least 45+ people and many said that a second wave came through later.

7 Likes

Can’t tell if fancy filter or terrible picture taking skillz. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s always a good exercise to question fantastic examples of art.

3 Likes