Twisted Root Maker Meet up - Wednesday Aug 1, 2018 6:30-9PM

Well I talked her into making some cupcakes.

2 Likes

So I haz 24 hours to make a name tag. Are there any pin findings up there for purchase saving me from Michaels or Joann’s?

Blue tape and sharpie. That’s all you really need!

2 Likes

@Shellbell and I plan to be there. It’s my birthday tomorrow!

3 Likes

I have magnets meant for nametags.

1 Like

:open_mouth: I thought it was a group event.

1 Like

Yummy! I can’t wait, one of the better burger joints in this neck of the woods.

1 Like

Oh no! My ETA is 6:36! Two minutes after happy hour. Quick! Everyone buy me drinks! :angel:

2 Likes

Thanks @uglyknees for getting us nerds together for social fun time. And for a good cause!

4 Likes

I asked them how much we generated before I left and she said “I think a bunch” so now we wait and find out.

The money is secondary to a wonderful time spent with friends. I’ve scheduled another at cidercade later this month. I’ll post it in the morning. Thank you to everyone who came out. I didn’t do much it was filling out an online form and posting some flyers. I’m so thankful for this group of wonderful people.

9 Likes

I counted at least 45+ people and many said that a second wave came through later.

7 Likes

Can’t tell if fancy filter or terrible picture taking skillz. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s always a good exercise to question fantastic examples of art.

3 Likes

I see my hair! !!! I had a great time, thank you to who ever put this together.

Anita Willis

1 Like

The clearest picture here is me stuffing my face looking confused. Which is, admittedly, a common occurrence.

4 Likes

A great turn out and so much fun and good food. Thank you all for coming and for Nicole as organizer (minus the kazoos;)

4 Likes

I had a lot of fun. Met new people. There are still so many to meet! I quickly found a place to sit which helped the PTSD from junior high. :smile: Wayne wondered what I would do while he was in Cuba. Makerspace every day!!

4 Likes

A wonderful community to be a part of. We have the best neighborhood in the Metroplex. We need to do this more often.

3 Likes

Any word on how we made out?

Ya I called them today and…drum roll…$77
Which was surprising. But $77.

9 Likes