Tube tester condition?

Does anyone know the condition of the tube tester? Is it reliable and functional?

I have a few tubes that I need to test.

I’ve used one in the past but I’m nowhere near an expert.

Paul

This would be a question for @Team_Electronics

1 Like

I would hazard to guess that the last person to use that tube tester was Walter, which makes it years ago. There is a manual in the case. Also, there are some tubes in the white nylon stacked divider boxes, if you need unused references.

1 Like

I think it’s in good shape. @richmeyer may have been the last person to use it.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a run tonight and see how it goes

A little history… Several years ago Walter Anderson, now deseased, had a Tube Tester that needed repair. Since I repair and calibrate Tube Testers as a hobby Walter had me look at his unit. The main power transformer was not repairable and replacements were not available due to the age of the unit. Walter had passed away before the unit could be returned to him. I then took a better grade Tube Tester which was fully functional and calibrated and donated it to DMS in memory of Walter Anderson. This unit is a mutual conductance Tube Tester which means it tests the tubes under typical operating condition. Enjoy.

10 Likes

Thanks for letting me know the story. I really appreciate you donating the tester. It saved me a bunch of headaches troubleshooting my guitar amp!

I was able to identify the bad tubes and get new ones on order

6 Likes