TShirt Printing Issues

Now that (I think) I have gotten over my emulsion issues, I’m having an odd printing problem.

I’m seeing artifacts in the prints that I can’t find in the screens. The screens look clear - not even a shadow. I thought I might have some contaminated ink, but scraping the ink in that area has no effect on the artifacts.

The issues I’m talking about are the bites out of the donkey’s chest, nose and mouth, and the I, G, and T of RIGHT. This was replicated pretty reliably across four shirts.

The “notch” in the donkeys shoulder is in the artwork.

1 Like

Are the “bites” on edges at the start of the pull stroke, or the end?

I’m also noticing some fuzzy edges that should be crisp, so there is also something else going on in your pull technique. Give us s heads up on times you are printing and we can try to see if we can drop by to diagnose what might be going wrong.

2 Likes

Middle, same with the other artifacts. These are actually perpendicular to the stroke. The aritfacts on the text are on the leading edge of the stroke, though in the middle as well. What bugs is is that four shirts are effectively identical. I have to believe its some screen blockage, but I can see it. I suppose the ink might have had some contamination, but I don’t see anything there after I cleaned the screens after printing.

I plan to (try to) print on Thursday late afternoon and evening. I’ll be in Tuesday for electronics office hours so not very available, but I can have the screens with me. I can also bring the prints.

I’d appreciate any help you can provide.