Tri-band antenna and 50' tower available free to a ham radio operator

Following is an excerpt of an email that was distributed to Richardson Wireless Klub members recently. If you are interested, PM me with your email address and I will get you in contact with the person in charge of the antenna and tower.

Brady W5LH @bpamplin

Dear RWKers,

As I mentioned a couple of general meetings ago, Hal Wolff (N5BT) was a long-time member of The RWK and he passed away in 2020.

His wife, Liz, would like another ham to have Hal’s antenna and tower. I believe the antenna is a 10M/15M/20M tri-band beam mounted on an approximately 50 ft. Rohn self-supporting tower.

Liz is offering the tower free of charge to anyone who can safely take it down and remove it.

Please see the attached PDF or click on the link to see some photos of the tower/antenna.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/u9sgh8o2l1qvxzt5nxh7q/h?dl=0&rlkey=jndt5b5ua5cv6b53w5mhmoqbu

Call, text, or email me if you are interested or have questions.

And feel free to forward this information to any other hams or clubs in the area.

This tower is located near the intersection of Forest and Preston in Dallas.

For anyone else who is curious about how you get one down…lol

1 Like

I’ve seen that tower.

It survived the Cowboys-Eagles tornado…

1 Like

Brady, I’m interested if it’s still available - my info is good on QRZ

The cat3 tornado (October '19) was a direct hit for the south side of Preston and Royal. This tower did, however, survive the straight line wind storm in June of the same year that knocked out power for multiple days all across the metroplex.

1 Like

I responded with contact info by PM. I’m not sure the current status but I’ll update this thread when the status is closed.

I just talked to the person in charge of the antenna and tower. There have been inquiries but not commitments at this time.

was this ever resolved?

It is still available. If you are interested, PM me with your contact info and I will pass it on.