Tours, Closures, and YOU!

I probably should have phrased my response differently.

Teachers are of course allowed to have under 16-year-olds in their class. However, historically we have not allowed for those classes to grant them permission/ unattended access to tools until they are 16/a full member. If the class is meant to grant permissions, it needs to go to the person who is/will be supervising the usage (in this case the parent, who needs their own account) not the child.

Further, what I mean by having a parent watch /monitoring a class is that the calendar does not show the age of the students of under 18, nor does it require them to fill in a parent who will be watching etc.

So the TLDR, although we allow under 16-year-olds through the space and to various classes and stuff, the makermanager/ account system does not really support that nicely. It can definitely be modified at some point to do so, but in the meantime if somebody signs up for an account effectively gets granted unrestricted (and unsupervised aside from cameras/other members) access to the space - which we don’t allow 16u to do.

I understand the dynamic around my situation. We will work within the guidelines. Thank you much. :blush:

1 Like