Tour Requests and questions

Hi DMS!

I’ve log heard about DMS and am part of a very special project in partnership with Parker Edmonson (AKA Dr. Parkinstine). If you haven’t heard of Dr. Parkinstine, he is a young prodigy and Carrollton local. He uses TikTok, YouTube and other platforms to share daily science and technology projects, aimed at increasing accessibility to science. He rose to fame on TikTok, amassing ~1Million followers after demonstrating his recreation of Tesla’s Magnifying Transmitter, wirelessly transmitting electricity through the ground over 813 miles to a receiving coil in Chicago.

We are interested in touring DMS, and learning more about about any considerations or rules regarding filming or sharing to social within the facility.

If somebody would be available to provide us with a tour and work through some questions, we would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

We hold tours every Saturday from 10am - noon.

While I am fairly certain that we allow filming and sharing, I’ll defer to @Julie-Harris for the final word on that.

@TheDadBot … welcome to the DMS community! Make sure you check out “Digital Media” on the tour. We have a lot of equipment for video production.

Thank you! And I had noticed that in some of the photos. That will be very helpful!

Thank you,

Karridy

Thank you, @dryad2b . Should we simply show up and knock between those times?

There aren’t any specific rules about filming but I would ask that you get people’s permission before you film them. I’m happy to give a tour. We are giving tours from 10am - 12pm tomorrow but you’re welcome to PM or email me at [email protected] if you need to schedule a different day/time. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Julie. We will keep that in mind. I will confirm with Parker and be in touch to confirm or schedule otherwise. Thank you all!

1 Like