Tour Nights, moving to weekends

Please note, we will be changing the tour times from Thursday nights at 7 to Saturday mornings from 10-12.
We are changing over all the social media to show the new time, but expect some people to still show up on Thursdays in the near future. If you are at the space and can give a tour to anyone here and there, please do.
Thanks!

3 Likes

When is this going to take effect?

Next week, January 4th. We have been unable to secure tour guides and needed to make the change.

2 Likes

I think you’re going to find that Thursday tours will not phase out. Since DMS has communicated for so long regarding Thursday tours, it’s almost like the expectation. So keep in mind even if there’s lack of tour guides, the tours Thursday will not cease.

2 Likes

I know the changes are in process, but here are some references to Thursday night that I found in our online presence (not including our numerous social media sites).

Do you want me to change numbers 2 & 4 to say, “Saturday morning” and number 3 to say “Saturday morning at 10am”? Someone with access will have to fix #1 and the calendar.

1. Main website, Join page:

2 and 3. Wiki Main page - 2 places

1. New Member 411/Share:

5 - ? Calendar (several):

4 Likes

Yes please! I can fix the calendar but if you could fix the wiki that would be great!
As for Thursday nights not phasing out, I understand this has been ingrained and for the time we will have people still showing up on Thursdays. I will develop some signage and start getting the word out. In the mean time, we still need help with tours. If anyone is interested to help with even one tour please let Kendra @thefinal or myself know!

2 Likes

Oops, sorry. The front page of the wiki is secured - I can’t edit it anymore. So I fixed New Member 411 and that’s all I could fix. Sorry.

Remaining items are:

1. Main website, Join

2 & 3. Wiki main page, 2 places (How to Join, How to find us)
5. Calendar

1 Like

1 Like

Is it @ESmith who can edit the wiki?

2 Likes

He and the global admin(s). But he is the preferred choice since it’s in his job description

While I could be wrong, I think that PR owns the outward-facing websites.

The Secretary has responsibility for maintaining the rules.

This came up in my news feed. Published yesterday, might want to contact them about the change in tour dates.

1 Like

Another page that’ll need updating. I think it applies to several questions.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/faq/

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Meetup.com also needs to be updated.

1 Like

PR diesn’t have passwords, as far as I know. @apparently_weird will know.

There are no passwords you have to be assigned access using a meetup account.

I meant the website

Although I could be wrong, I am under the impression that PR has the charter for external-facing media - including the website. However, AFAIK, no one in PR actually has administrative privileges to edit/maintain any of these website pages.