Tour- new member

Hello- I would like to join but was hoping to get a tour first. Is anyone willing to give me (and possibly my husband and daughter) a tour? My scheduled is pretty flexible. I can do weekday late afternoon/early evening or weekends. Thank you!

if you want ill be up there tonight around 7

I’m sorry- I just saw your reply. I need romruen on notifications I guess. Will you be around later in the week?

Probably not until Sunday

I could do Sunday so if you can meet me, please let me know

Do you guys have a specific timeframe you need to work within

Not especially. Maybe afternoon or early evening

While not a bonified tour guide [and may not know all the ins & outs], if you want to look around today I can help you out. I have a class to teach at 7PM but can meet you up there around 6PM.

Hello trapper13 - I became a member yesterday to sign up for the woodworking class today at 7pm. However, I was not able to register for the class because my login isn’t working. I submitted a ticket yesterday at https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/accounts/supporttickets.php but have not received a reply yet.

What do you suggest I do? I became a member to take this class and noticed it isn’t offered every month so I feel like I am in a pinch because I really want to take this class. Would it be okay to go to the location of the class and see if I can join?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello TSki - I became a member yesterday to sign up for the woodworking class you are teaching tonight at 7pm. However, I was not able to register for the class because my login isn’t working. I submitted a ticket yesterday at https://accounts.dallasmakerspace.org/accounts/supporttickets.php but have not received a reply yet. I am concerned my login issue will not be resolved in time for me to register and take your course tonight. What do you suggest I do? I really want to take this class tonight and noticed that this class isn’t offered every month.

Thank you!

1 Like

So here’s the deal about how we do classes. We don’t have a central planning committee for a class schedule. A teacher has to decide a minimum of 10 days out that they want to teach a class. And, many of teachers don’t put classes out any further than that, especially now when class size is limited. So you won’t see classes very far out. That’s why, when you look down the Calendar, most of the things further out than a couple of weeks are the committee meetings.

I see you don’t have a reply yet from Thomas. I’d recommend coming on out. Either someone will forget to show up, or he might make space. (I can’t promise for him, though.) If nothing else, he can schedule another class. And you’ll have a chance to chat with him.

2 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t know that. Very helpful to know.

I will be up there Friday for a class from 6 - 7. Can come early, or stay late to give a tour if you are still in need.