Tool request 2023/11/18

This is the tool we need for cutting slip-cast objects out of the mold without scarring the mold:

https://glaserceramics.com/molds/casting-supplies?product_id=160

I notice that we get the first price break if we order 6. Given that I’m setting my classes for 6, that seems like serendipity. I looked at the Trinity website, and they don’t seem to have these.

I’m going to leave this here to remind myself. As I start thinking about slip casting, we also need some of the big rubber bands. I’ll check on things, and give Trinity a call before we should order these.

I bought a bunch of plastic tools for slip cast molds, they are in the teachers cabinet. They worked great when I taught the class.

Did you complete the glazes needed list?

2 Likes

Still chewing through. I am up to 50, so I’ll just spot check the last 17 and let you know the full list tomorrow.

Ok…. I’ll only be able to purchase about 12 at a time so let me know what we need first and then less important.

1 Like

C1 Obsidian
C10 Snow
C20 Cobalt - 2 would be good. Almost empty on the shelf, and none in the cabinet.
PC23 Indigo Float
PC29 Deep Olive Speckle
PC31 Oatmeal
PC33 Iron Lustre
PC61 Textured Amber

These are all so close, I’m not sure if we need all of them.
C3 Smoke
C19 Glacier
C22 Fog
C25 Downpour

There are a few others that don’t have a back-stock, but they don’t look like they get heavy usage.

1 Like

Ok… I’ll order these today. I believe two on your list are discontinued but I’ll let you know for sure after I order what I can.

2 Likes

The items checked were ordered. None of these were discontinued.

3 Likes

These went out for use the others are in the cabinet

3 Likes

Hey yalls,

just wanted to give update from the December meeting:

The committee voted to keep glaze to a certain number before we make test tiles, this is to create room and consistency.

• limit glaze stock to 40 amaco glazes- 30 PC and 10 Celedón, Primary colors of stroke and coat, Black and white pint sized underglaze bottles, with Beth and Monika choosing the glazes.

Keep in mind we need to have all the colors represented evenly (not 20 blue) and take the most popular layering glazes into consideration (obsidian etc)