Today’s Supermaker

I see a whole lot of wonderful things made by our makers here at DMS and wanted to share one today. This young lady came in a few months ago with no real knowledge of auto work and in the past few months with some great guidance she did a full engine switch. She never gave up, always cleaned up after herself and her spirit is that of a supermaker. Great job @TheRealMaryjane!

23 Likes

I finally met someone who talks louder than me.

11 Likes

MJ is like Ferman said (after we removed the engine and transmission from the first car) that MJ is energetic, wants to learn and actually DO the WORK, positive, has a great sense of humor, and more.

And unlike so many - She cleans the tools off Before putting them back in their proper places.

MJ by far is a fantastic asset to the space!

It has been a positive & entertaining experience and well worth the seemingly endless hours of getting her car to a safe roadworthy status without pissing money away.

11 Likes

She cleans up well after she’s finished … you can tell she’s hands-on! Envy the small hands that can get into places mine never could or will.

Last night she brought in what looked like a lower suspension arm and was showing Stan how loose the ball joint was. Her smile was evil and looked prouder than MMA fighter holding an appendage of an opponent. She’d won.

8 Likes

12 Likes

I saw that, she seemed to have a “I kicked it’s Ass” look on her face. So glad to see a young lady getting all grease monkey on her car. Definitely a can do attitude.

4 Likes

Now she knows here way around the tools and tool box better than many.
She knows the basics around her car and more for example:

What and where engine and transmission mounts are and how they wear out

What controls arms, shocks, springs, tie rods & steering rack are and do and how to check for wear

Knows what and where to check the various types fluids

Brakes, drive axles, and more.

Best of all - MJ doesn’t hesitate to ask questions (instead of trying a big hammer or prybar)

5 Likes

Thank you everyone so much! You have no idea how much all these comments mean to me. The space has been a truly amazing place to me and there’s no way that I could’ve done it without everyone’s incredible help and support!

6 Likes