Thursday night tours on April 4th

Our Thursday tours last week were successful even with the massive thunderstorm. It’s clear that there is a demand for Thursday night tours and they will be helpful in recruiting for the space.

If we are going to expand our tour offering we will need more tour guides.

I would like to invite anyone who is interested in helping the space to come help us give tours on April 4th.

Giving a tour is easy and fun. We’ve set up a handy guide for first time guides, it’s available here: How to give a Tour - Public Relations - DMS Source

Thanks, James

2 Likes

@hforsberg @apparently_weird @dryad2b and @simurghi will be helping out this Thursday for our second tour night event.

If anyone is interested but isn’t sure, you can always come along and shadow one of the guides to see how it goes.

There is a Facebook event live now and an ad running for it so we expect at least as many people as the last time.

2 Likes

Do we advertise on meetup and reddit too? Might be a good way to expand our social media presence beyond just facebook

At the moment, no, but meetup is in the roadmap. We haven’t really done anything with Reddit, but I have met people who joined that said someone on Reddit told them about us. so its probably something we should look into.

1 Like

I’m considering volunteering for Thursday night tours, I planned on being there Thursday for the sewing Sig event but can possibly shadow someone!

3 Likes

Looks like we are on target to get another good group for this Thursday night. Last week had similar numbers and we had 3 full tour group and one small group go out.

4 Likes

Are we doing tours tonight?

1 Like

No, with the election and expansion I had too much going on and just forgot to run an ad for it.

Let’s get back to it after the election

2 Likes

I saw this message, and will not come in tonight. I will be ready next week if you plan it.

1 Like

havent seen anything, so I am not planning on tonight.

Yeah. I sat for 1/2 hr last week, but no random people showed up.

I’ll restart the ads for tours on thursday after the election. I’ll post here when they are back on

2 Likes