Thunder Laser Documentation update

I updated the Thunder Laser documentation. Mostly the Trouble Shooting section. It is a lot fancier now. It has screenshots, lol.

Check it. Please add comments to make it better.

New or update info:
Notes: Software settings if you install RDWorks at home.

Trouble Shooting:

1. RDWorksV8 not on desktop/menu/taskbar
  2. Importing DXF files and scaling issues
  3. Nothing happens when you start a job. No image in Preview
  4. Starts in the wrong position. Not at Origin
  5. Cut is not in Color Layer Order
  6. How to optimize cut order
  7. Uneven or wiggly Lines, esp at direction changes
  8. Not in English
  9. Image Mirrored and/or Wrong X/Y home
8 Likes

Bravo for documenting thing. I’m a big fan of that.

However: Shouldn’t this sort of documentation be on the DMS Wiki, not on Google Docs?

2 Likes

It also appears to only be accessible to people with @dallasmakerspace.org e-mail addresses.

@AndrewLeCody I thought I fixed that. Might be two different links. I’ll check again (BTW mobile does not give you an option for domains)

@zmetzing Zach, these documents are updated constantly. The wiki is a great static resource. I updated several things last night. But it is too labor intensive for me to maintain these docs. Hosting them on the DMS google domain will hopefully keep them alive beyond my time here.

1 Like

I updated the Share options. It was set to only DallasMakerSpace.org members (a default not helpful to us). It is now public with the option to update. If not, please ping me.

Got something for your troubleshooting list:
Moving the laserhead and setting Origin does not set the Origin. (The fix was changing from multi-point origin to single point origin on the Thunderlaser itself.)

-the purring dork

1 Like

There is a link to it from the wiki … specifically from the Thunder Laser page, which is easily accessible from the Wiki Tools page (in the Laser section).

1 Like

I’ll play with the origin setting this weekend @Comter.

I also figured out how to do center-center engraving. Will add that and the bottom-up engraving to the documentation.

1 Like