Thunder computer corrupting files

@Team_Laser
I have tried to import several files to rdworks from inkscape, and every time I get errors in the design when it transfers the .DXF file in from inkscape. This only happens on the computer for big thunder, not donner or blitzen. Any ideas why, or how to fix it? The design is correct in inkscape and the file preview pane.

You could check the version number for RDWorks between the different machines - perhaps there is a version-related problem.

FWIW, my toolchain from InkScape to laser is:
InkScape β€”> Save as .SVG β€”> Open in Adobe Illustrator --> Save as Adobe .AI file β€”> RDWorks Import .AI

This avoids most artifacts from the use of DXF.

6 Likes

This is an excellent idea. I’m going to try it next time. Sometimes the DXF line colors don’t come across correctly. Thanks for the tip.

Agreed. I use this process as well.

1 Like

I realize these files are vector files, but does it make a difference if when you import into RDWorks you have the import set for inches? Assuming the Inkscape rulers are set to inches, it looks like RDWorks import is set for millimeters.

Not for Adobe AI file imports: the units are in the file itself.

1 Like

Thank you for all the info. I was able to edit the nodes and get it cleaned up yesterday, but exporting to AI then RDWorks sounds much easier.

1 Like