Thoughts on the Beaglebone Blue?

What are your thoughts on the Beaglebone blue for programming? Or is this more of a electrical question.

https://beagleboard.org/blue

Specs:

• AM335x 1GHz ARM® Cortex-A8 processor
  • 512MB DDR3 RAM

Works with python, cloud9 ide, and arduino. Yeah good choice overall but depends on the application.

Programming should be looked at from a top down approach. namely, define the goal and scope of the problem one wish to solve, Pick a tech stack they’re most familiar with and fits the need then hardware comes next.

For example, I’m personally working on something many would call “skynet” but really its just fleets of drones via a PWA mission planner and mqtt backbone. Paired with machine learning for both RF control systems and body design.

My tech stack leans on python heavily since programmatically dronekit, tensorflow, pygame, and pycsg all can be used in combination with docker and jupyter notebook. While being still extensible enough to also work with Home Assistant or any other system that I need. All of this in of itself can run on the community grid stack (ie a clustered stack of raspberry pis running docker swarm plus openfaas).

If at anytime I need more compute out of this stack I could either just throw more hardware at it or spin up gpu nodes on some cloud and with docker-nvidia join them into the swarm.

My goal with this board is to use the servos for some sort of cnc machine. I may need to alter the out put voltage so it goes more than 6V, but that is electrical. This board has a lot of connections for sensor that would be used for a cnc engraver or a made up 5 axis cnc machine. Right now i am just riffing and thinking about using servos.

Glad that you brought that up. This has been explored before by others so we can peer review thier effort:

https://forum.linuxcnc.org/beaglebone

From there one should be able to “stand on the shoulders of giants.” and have a system they can build.

Beaglebone Blue? Needs more YInMnO

??

Needs more cow bell?
No you think it does not need servos or web-service or remote logins?

I am sorry i am confused.

Science replicated a new pigment color that is blue, right now called YInMnO. People are using it in their projects and AMD is going to use it on their GPU/CPUs. I was making the crossover to Beaglebone Blue.

a new blue pigment that was recently replicated at the space