This looks like fun, but why is it a “class”?

Shouldn’t this be categorized as an event, not a class?

I don’t see much in the way of instruction in a toothpaste tube-emptying competition.

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/6544

2 Likes

A class on how to get the most toothpaste out of a tube? Or is it a race?

This feels like SAW but very benign and hygenic…

What are you talking about? It is an event! :wink:

1 Like

@HankCowdog … you need yer eyes checked or somthin’

@NickWebb and I signed up. Game on!

@grantf … thanks for coming up with a fun, lighthearted activity to get us into the Space on the holiday.

@HankCowdog It is listed as an event, and it is not for honorarium. Just fun.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind/inform everybody that the Class versus Event radio button choice at the top of the submission form means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except change that one word (class or event) in the listing.

Choosing class does not automatically request honorarium; you still have to do that at the bottom of the page.

Choosing event does not automatically preclude honorarium; you can still request it at the bottom of the page.

Specifying class versus event has NO effect upon the review time. That is governed solely upon whether honorarium is requested.

Edit: I wish there was an indication in the listing whether honorarium is involved…

1 Like

Agree, and wondering in this case, is there?

EDIT: may have already been answered by John…

No honorarium is involved for toothpasting. It showed up in the “event” review list. It surely would have been rejected for honorarium.

Today, there are only a few two ways to determine if honorarium is requested.

1. if you are an honorarium auditor, you can look for it in the approved list.

2. if you are a calendar admin, you can look at the bottom of the “Edit Event” page to see if honorarium has been requested. But only before it starts because the edit page is not accessible to anyone after that time.

3. ask the instructor.

4. request a QBO account and look for it.

1 Like

Agree.

The root cause is probably that the calendar default is CLASS so unless someone changes it, that’s what they will get.

I saw some others in the same situation.

1 Like

Do the rules allow for cutting open the tube?
After all, if you want max results, anything goes…:laughing:

1 Like

Will this class be serving hot dogs and potato chips?

1 Like

Are there any restrictions on which DMS tools we can or cannot booger up doing this?

3 Likes

Chris, we expect you to work with a tiny tube:

tiny toothpaste

7 Likes

That’s a 5 gallon size at her scale.

3 Likes

I have been summoned.

Taffy and coke will be served to complement the toothpaste.

In all seriousness, this is a real competition with rules, judging, and prizes (mostly honor). If you would like to mentally prepare yourself for the event, let me know and I will post the rules in the event description. The rules basically state that the toothpaste must come out the nozzle in a controlled manner and only your hands can be used to squeeze the tube. This is to simulate what is available in the bathroom. I envision that a combination of strength and strategy will lead to victory.

In all kookiness, this is meant to be fun and experimental. Everyone is welcome to join. Nobody can predict what’s going to happen, which was the motivation behind hosting this.

By the way, that banner is amazing. Is there somewhere we can post it? Maybe the bulletin board?

Thanks for the publicity everyone! :grin:

4 Likes

I’ll bring a crockpot of hotdogs and some buns. Who’s in for the chips?

The ad is in rotation on the Lobby monitor and a few others. It’s not a competition without a crowd, so am enticing our fellow Makers.

2 Likes

Razor blades are found in many bathrooms… just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

There’s always gotta be a rules lawyer…

:wink:

1 Like