The Story of 1,000,000 Molds: A Huge Thank You!

I wanted to give a round of ‘thank you’s to a gang of cool Fired Arts peeps that came out to move a huge quantity of slip casting molds and a pouring table. There was much sweat, a lot of hauling and great fun.

@Julie-Harris, Sophia (I apologize if I spelled this incorrectly!), @Anette_Henningson, @mrjimmy, @meanbaby and @JasonM314

Y’all rock!

We will be discussing further plans regarding this donation at the monthly meeting, May 23rd @7.

6 Likes

Huge thank you to all of the volunteers - I had a great time! If you are sad about missing all of the fun - we probably only picked up half of the molds. It’s likely there will be a second trip for anyone who wants to volunteer.

4 Likes

Oh my, do we have any idea what all molds are in that collection

It was too overwhelming to get a good look but lots of pots, plate molds, platters, Christmas, chess pieces, doll house and animals. A lot of the molds have never been used. This wasn’t a shed full of baby doll parts and 70s molds though there were a few of those too. I remember what looked like a jewelry display hand.

3 Likes

We will likely need to triage what we keep and figure out how to find homes
for others

1 Like

Yep, that will be discussed at the next meeting. I suggest picking out any pot molds that fired arts can use and getting rid of the rest as quickly as possible for phase 1. IMHO the pot molds looked great, there were just a lot of them and they are bigger so they take up more space. But that is up to the committee, I’ll help with whatever people decide.

2 Likes