The return of Cosplay & Costuming

Hey all! Informal poll

Are you interested in a cosplay/costuming club? What kind of cosplay/costuming?

What format would you like at meetings?
group workdays?
show & shares?
TED. Talk style?

What day/time?

Do you have skills you can share?
What would you like to learn?

Would you have time to help book/run a few meetings?

6 Likes

Interested, as you know! ;p my interest mostly lies in fursuits but learning other techniques for cosplay props would be really awesome!

As for times that work for me, primarily evenings, or weekend afternoons are best for my schedule. I hope more people are interested in this!!

Half ditto.

Kigus, fursuits, cosplay costumes are all things I’ve dabbled in, and would like to play around with more.
Don’t know that much, but will teach whatever I know… have been to a couple anime and other panels in the past on costume design and so on.

Probably would prefer hybrid group workdays and/or led discussion/examples.

Most afternoons/evenings except Monday, or during the day pretty much whenever likely except Tuesday and Wednesday.

I’ve never done any cosplay, but since one of my crazy long-term project ideas is to make a Gundam Costume (i.e. Giant Robot, Stilts, helmet, etc.), I’d certainly be interested in a Cosplay club.

…if only to have people to explain to me in excruciating detail just how much time and money would have to go into such a project.

I skew towards Ren faire/fantasy costuming. And sometimes it’s even vaguely historically accurate!
I’ve made corsets and cloaks and lots of other less complicated garb.
I’ve dabbled in foam smithing and prop making, and even made plush animals nor and again.

Currently I’m working on a crossover outfit combining ‘The lost boys’ and ‘ren feat pirate’… It’s gonna be awful. And fun.

1 Like

Cardboard, foam, and actual metal have a huge amount of crossover. And by starting in cardboard, you get your design and pattern refined before you lock it up into metal. You can do this!

I’d love to see the Cosplay SIG return, am 100% behind this!

1 Like

David Kessinger would be all in for this if he was still here…

In the previous incarnation of a Cosplay SIG, I encouraged incorporating electronics so that things blinked, moved or made sounds. It is not very difficult.

1 Like

I’m up for being a part of the Cosplay SIG as well. I tend to skew towards mostly steampunk stuff, but I’ve done some renaissance fair stuff as well. Do we have a date in mind for the meeting?

2 Likes

I think it was next Tuesday evening? I will be out of town so that will be up to another member to post.