The product photography area is back!

as part of the digital media clean up day we set up the product photography area in the old lobby again. There are two lights, a backdrop, three light boxes and a tripod with the cellphone mount.

Can’t wait to see the great pictures of everything people are making

Thanks to @TJSmith for the help setting it up again.

19 Likes

I should add, this area is open for additions. I plan on adding a box with some props like cutting boards and slate and stuff for shooting on. If anyone has stuff to contribute let us know.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a turntable for 360 degree product photography… would be willing to donate toward it if we crowdfund…

4 Likes

I think there are 3 light fixtures in that room that need to be converted over to LED. I mention this because whatever you put in that room needs to moved out of the way by 1 person. Also might want to consider changing that squirrely security switch to a standard toggle.

3 Likes

I would donate toward a turntable.

2 Likes

Are we talking just a Lazy Susan or does it need to be motorized?

I think motorized would be best because some people might want to use video to show all sides of something they created in a video.

1 Like

You can get ones for very cheap. These are 4 for $20. They rotate with enough light but are also battery powered if need be.

If this is too small there are larger options.

3 Likes

Those are tiny though. I’ve been looking at them for curing resin prints. I would suggest a much bigger one. All we need is a motor and then we can build a platform for it…maybe even multiple sized platforms that a person can choose so it fits their item best.

I have a crappy mini pottery wheel I would be willing to donate as the motor base if someone wants to build the “wheelhead”

It is similar to this unit

1 Like

From another discussion some while back -

1 Like

Maybe willing to bring up a motorized display stand I used to use to spin a 9’ Christmas Tree if someone needs to rotate something big and needs power.

5 Likes

The turntables I’m thinking of cost $150-200 and they are computer controlled. You plug them and your camera (or phone) into a computer. The software controls both the turntable and the shutter. Some versions stitch the individual images into a 360 (or whatever you want) degree rotatable image.

This is one I looked at. $228 with the large table addition.

If Digital Media gets one with the larger table I’ll pitch the first $50 toward it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help @mrjimmy and @TJSmith , you rock stars. :star_struck:

And thanks for all the help from the rest of the crew on Digital Media work day. We’re getting so much done!

I’m working with @Julie-Harris to get our JIRA list up and running so we will have more ability for members to easily pick up random tasks that we need done, and I look forward to seeing volunteers at our next committee meeting (either virtually or in person) on February 9.

5 Likes

This is amazing!

Yea! !!!

Yay! Thank you!