In the same energy as the storage shed build I’m going to bring to you a very special “build” that I participate in - The Grand Ball. Grand Ball is a special needs “prom” done at Lewisville High School last years website with a video for those who hate to read. It’s a special night for everyones family. It takes an entire year to put on and has lots and lots of love put into it.
Here are the things you need to understand:
- This is put on by teachers and a student led club - it’s a team and a huge team effort for a group of kids and families
- We spend as little as humanly possible- think depression age thinking and mix it up with high school art teachers on a budget set forward by a non-profit and you get part dumpster diving part renaissance woman thinking
- Everything is largely disposable as we have no real storage - although lots of the stuff gets claimed by other teachers for projects, weddings, parties
- Creativity is queen
- It’s the same energy as a wedding, without the bride and groom to fight with
- Nothing is ever really finished or fine but magic happens
I’ll not bombard with pictures - I’ll try to update it every week or so.